Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Snapdragon55's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 8th, 2016 8:38 PM

Minimum payment for $2 daily plan

What is the minimum amount I can pay each month to keep my $2/day pay as you go plan rolling over without losing minutes.    (If I keep adding a $25 go card every month to keep from losign points I'll end up with way more points than I'll ever use. Can I pay say $2 or $5 a month via debit/credit card just to keep from losing existing points?  )

Everywhere i look online says it "can be rolled into the next month by submitting a minimal payment before the expiration date..." but no one actually says what that minimum really is.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

$10 lasts one month.

$25 last 90 days.

$100 last one year 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Ok. Thank you for clearing that up.

At one point in setting up my account the customer service agent tried to snooker me into taking the 25 cents/minute plan stating that on that plan a $25 startup/refill would last in 3 months but on the $2 plan, that all refills regardless of the amount expire in 30 days.

I ended up having another agent put me back on the $2 plan anyway because after crunching some numbers, the rare and few days I do use the cell phone would be heavy use and I'd blow  through $100 easily in one day on a 25 cent plan. ..Unlimited talk time for $2 when I need it makes much more sense!   (She also kept going on that any time I receive a text I'd get charged for the $2 for the day, even though I kept telling her I don't use my cell phone for text..it's JUST A PHONE).

She kept insisiting that if I only used $4 on calls this month the remaining $20-ish dollars in there would vanish in a month unless I added another $25 before the 30 days are up.

I do see now that I've set up my online account to check, the $25 I put in to set up the account, minus $2 for making a test call to my dad yesterday... it says I have $23 remaining that will expire sometime in December... so, that means I won't lose my $23 even if I don't add more to it in September or November.. correct? Just need to add before the December deadline to keep it rolling forward, right?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

No you have to put 60 dallors on a paygo plan to use it for 30 days. If you make one call it charges 2 dallors for the day if you use it at all it charges you two dallors for the day so actually your paying 60 a month 40 for 20 days 20 for 10 days and I don't think theirs a way to pay less then 20$ paygo unless u go 2 the pay machine in the store at att&t ....and can't pay less then 25$ on debit or credit card.... iv tried it ,so I know.plus u don't get the regular internet data base so I think this plan maybe good for people who don't use their phone for internet purposes or texting, but if you do,, its better 2 go a monthly rate .I personally only did paygo because I didn't have my money wene my regular bill was due so I did a paygo plan because I already had internet for my home.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@Cholea23  If the OP is using the phone that often the $30 unlimited talks no text plan would be better.  Many users don't give out their number, just hold on to the phone in case of emergency.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Ok, so how do I sign up for this $2 daily plan, assuming you only get charged for the actual days the phone is used?  I am currently on another provider and pay $20 every 90 days automatically but there is no choice of phone and I do believe they are eliminating all pay as you go type plans.  Actually, lately I can't seem to find even ONE phone available for purchase and use of that particular pay as you go (prepaid) plan.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.