Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Andora's profile

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 12th, 2022 5:01 AM

International add-on not working in Portugal

I bought this prepaid add-on for my travel to Portugal and it does not work, I have no service. The map seemed to show Portugal as included, but it definitely is not. Wasted money. AT&T shouldn't be selling this add-on for countries they know aren't covered. Why not block the ability for customers to purchase this add-on for countries not supported? Or redesign the prepaid add-on site so that it is easily discernable when specific countries aren't supported.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

2 years ago

It's not working because Portugal is not a covered country. These are the prepaid countries which are covered by the $35 add-on...

And the map of covered countries. 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

2 years ago

That's not a bad idea. Whenever someone selects the $35 add-on, First Direct them to a pop-up of the listed covered countries. With an alert that says "please make sure you are in one of the following countries" 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

2 years ago

And this is AT&T's prepaid website so that you can select and see which countries are covered by the add-on.

One link shows the map, the other lists covered countries. (see photo) 

https://www.att.com/prepaid/international-calling/

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

Why not block the ability for customers to purchase this add-on for countries not supported?

How exactly would ATT know what country you were buying the add-on for? Even if you were in a non supported country at the time of purchase, that doesn’t mean you are buying the add on to use in that country. 

Or redesign the prepaid add-on site so that it is easily discernible when specific countries aren't supported.

Now that they could do.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

And that's the point @formerlyknownas  -- an additional pop-up of some sort should appear first to alert customers of the countries that are covered. This would go a long way to help customers  not fall into this trap. I've since seen a lot of complaints from customers who've traveled to a variety of countries and had this same issue. I clearly wasn't the only one. AT&T really should think about a redesign of this particular section of the prepaid site.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

2 years ago

It should be noted that if you were in Portugal, you would not have even been able to log on and purchase the $35 add-on. You can only get access to the website when you are in a covered country.

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I sympathize with the original poster as, currently, the AT&T website has conflicting information re: coverage in Portugal with a prepaid International Travel Add-On. (See images below.)

The International Travel Add-On country list now includes Portugal, whereas the coverage map indicates that Portugal does not have coverage. This is beyond frustrating as we are planning a trip to Portugal and AT&T folks look at these conflicting pages when we ask about it, and give us different answers.

Has something changed in the last 7 months such that coverage has been added? Is the map out of date? Or is the list in error?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

1 year ago

Go by the list.  

The previous post is 7 months old, new countries are adding themselves all the time. You'll know this Portugal is not the only new country. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.