Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
5GB of Hotspot Data With an Unlimited Plan
saracha1962's profile

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, December 1st, 2022 3:56 AM

I'm stuck and I can't find my way out - PREPAID PLAN

I purchased a new phone on ATT website over black Monday a few days ago.  Provided the transfer pin that Verizon gave me so I could keep my number.  Signed up for the $65 per month ($50 with autopay discount) plan.  Provided all that information.  Received the phone.  Activated it.  Works great.  Except it won't call out.  That's because apparently I don't have an account.  I have tried and tried and tried to set one up but is not recognizing my phone number.  Did not give me a temporary phone number either.  My phone number was on the packing slip the phone came with.  But when I look up the phone number that is in the settings on my phone, it's blank.  I can't get to a person on the phone.  The digital assistants keep hanging up on me because it doesn't recognize my phone number.  The guy at the ATT store says they have no tools to assist with prepaid plans.  I checked my bank statement and the charge for the phone came through but the first month's plan charge has not yet come through.  What do I do???  I'm stuck and I can't get out and I'm about to start crying.

ACE - Sage

• 

104.3K Messages

2 months ago

Your number hasn't been ported over yet, that means your service on your Verizon SIM card and phone should still be active. 

Call PAC (Port Activation Center) at 888.898.7685

They will need your account number PIN code and everything else from your Verizon account in order to Port your phone number

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you for the information.  It was very helpful.  I did learn that Verizon did approve the transfer of my number.  Unfortunately, I have to active my account and I can't figure out how to do that.  The online digital assistant won't let me talk to someone.  It keeps telling me to sign in and I can't sign in because I don't yet have an account.  The phone digital assistant keeps hanging up on me when I can't provide the active account number.  How do you activate an account when you don't have an account yet?  I tried the option for billing questions but I can't get past the sign in requirement.

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

I still can't get past the account number requirement.  If you don't have an account number, you can't do anything online.  And you can't get past the digital assistants because they will hang up on you.  Still stuck.  About to go to T Mobile

ACE - Sage

• 

104.3K Messages

2 months ago

The only account number you are asked for is the one from your Verizon account. They will also ask you for your Verizon security pin code or Port pin. You do not have an AT&T account number until your service is active. And even then it is not used to access the pay go online website or your prepaid account.

Clearly you're not understanding what you're doing on the AT&T side which makes me wonder if you understand what you're doing on the Verizon end either. 

In order to Port your number from Verizon to AT&T your Verizon phone number still has to be active. You have to have your Verizon account number. You have to have a security pin code or Port pin. If you are using a port pin it may have a limited time before you have to get a new Port pin. Please discuss this information with Verizon because only Verizon has that information. 

You then provide your Verizon account number, and pin code to Port your phone number from Verizon to AT&T.   If you have all of your Verizon information and your Verizon number is still active call the port activation Center to complete the port over of your phone number.

Activating your AT&T SIM card and phone is in the link I provided. During that activation process you set up an alphanumeric password and will select a security PIN code. Please listen carefully on the phone when you are setting this up so that you do not make a mistake typing on a small screen. 

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

I'm past that.  Verizon gave me the transfer pin and I provided that on the day I signed up.  I got the phone and the packing slip has my phone number on it but the phone does not show the phone number when you look it up in the phone's settings for one thing.  And ATT does not recognize the phone number and I can't get past them not recognizing the phone/account number to get my service activated.  I got the phone activated fine.  I just can't get my service activated.  And I've been to two ATT stores that cannot help me either.  That's what I mean when I say I'm stuck.  I signed up for a plan and I enrolled in auto pay at the same time.  So what's the deal?

• 

23 Messages

2 months ago

You need to call 888-898-7685. When the system asks what phone number you’re calling about, press zero. Tell the representative you need to complete the port and activation. I don’t know why this isn’t the standard answer here either by now, most these people here that help have been around the block a few times. I should add, if it’s not obvious, you need to call from another, working phone. 

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

104.3K Messages

2 months ago

🤦🏼‍♀️

You are not following directions. 

Please reread all of the posts that I have made.

Verizon gave me the transfer pin and I provided that on the day I signed up

That information has to be provided when you port your number which has not yet happened. 

It's been 6 days since your original post. How long is your Verizon Port pin usable?  AT&T only gives you 4 days. If Verizon gives you four days you must get a new Port pin.

You have been given the number for the port activation Center in two different posts.

Make sure your Verizon information is still good, and then call. 

ACE - Sage

• 

104.3K Messages

2 months ago

Verizon's website indicates the port pin is good for 7 days. If the first time you acquired the PIN was on Cyber Monday, it has expired. 

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

I called 888-898-7685.  I gave them my phone number.  The digital assistant looked it up and said, "Verizon had approved the transfer of the number."  Then, it asked me if I wanted to activate my phone.  I've already activated my phone.  I've followed the steps in the quick start guide and everything worked up to the point where you activate your service.  That is the part that it isn't working for me.  When it gets to the part to enter my phone number, it says it can't find it or that it's inactivated.  That's where I'm stuck.  Sorry to be a bother but I'm pretty good with technical stuff but something is not working here.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.