Check out the AT&T Gift Guide for Valentine's Day Gifts for every kind of love!
Unlimited Data for $50/mo.
K

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Apr 16, 2020 10:55 PM

How to cancel my prepaid account? I was charged after I ended the autopay.

I had this prepaid account and I changed to another account with a new number, the payment due is on Apr15, I ended the autopay and deleted my credit card on Apr14, I was still charged on a day later! How to cancel the account exactly and can I get the refund of what I wasn't supposed to be charged?

• 

30 Messages

2 y ago

Hi, Autopay happens 48-24 hrs prior to the expiration of your plan as far as I remember the Autopay terms and conditions, in this case what could have happened is that your payment was already on pending and even thugh you cancelled the Autopay one day prior, the account already had the balance coming through, so in this case any kind of refunds would be directly with your bank since the balance that was taken of your account was already used to activate the monthly services.

That happened to me because i completely forgot about the Autopay Terms.

• 

3 Messages

@JoeSmitherson Thank you for your reply! But is there any chance to get a refund? I can't reach a real person from at&t customer service or should I contact my bank? Does that mean I must pay for my ignorance of autopay terms?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

55.5K Messages

Prepaid generally does not refund but the only way to get one is to call.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

30 Messages

I think you can get a refund when the balance is still on the att acount but if its no longer there for what i remember the representative's supervisor from Billing Department (not cusotmer 611 service) told me they were not able to give me my money back from their side bc the account was on zeros, i had to call my bank and explained them the issue and they got me the refund within 5 days.

Also customer service for now is having a huge waitime and for security policies they have been disabled from accesing the customer's account (i called a few days ago to check on a payment) and they're trying their best to attend the 300 phone calls they got on wait per call center.

Hope any of my experience is helpful!

• 

30 Messages

@sandblaster Not really, even if you call and ask for a refund if the money was already taken of the balance of the account customer service is unable to refund or credit the money back, another way to check would be directly with VESTA (billing department) to see if there's anything they can do such as an exception, but it would be to give it a shot, again, I'm saying this from experience

• 

3 Messages

@JoeSmitherson Thank you so so much for sharing such a detailed experience!! Have a nice day!

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.