Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Enjoy 8GB of high-speed data for $25/mo.
D

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Jan 18, 2022 12:10 AM

How to activate new phone

I'm on the $2 a day plan with old flipphone. I have to upgrade to new phone now that they are phasing out 3g.

I have two phones to choose from.  They both have slots for small sim cards. My old phone has a rather large sim card that won't fit.  What is the process for activating my new phone and keeping my old number?

Also, in the future, if I switch to a phone with same size sim card, Do I just switch the card to the new phone and it now works with my number?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.4K Messages

4分前

Yes, you just move the SIM card if the same size. Since you want to switch to a phone with a different size SIM card, you will need a new SIM card. Go to an ATT store for a correct size replacement SIM card and have them activate it with your number.

• 

3 Messages

4分前

Any chance I can hook the old phone to a computer and copy contacts and texts, and move them to new phone?  Or perhaps bluetooth?

THx

(edited)

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.4K Messages

4分前

Not likely. It depends on the phone but old flip phones generally don’t have that capability.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.