Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Y

• 

22 Messages

Saturday, May 30th, 2020 12:47 AM

How do I add an authorized user to my att account (and no there is no field "account users" in my profile section"

Here is what the help section says:

"Good to know: Before you can add an authorized user, your account must be 30 days old and have the first bill paid. "

Granted.

"Go to your myAT&T Profile and select Account users. "

Right, this section does not exist, so I cannot do any of this:

"Choose your wireless account from the dropdown, if you have more than one account. "

"In Authorized users, select Manage authorized users. "

"Select Add an authorized user. "

"Complete the fields to receive a verification code."

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

You posted in prepaid so there are no authorized users on prepaid accounts.
Prepaid accounts are single user. Multiline prepaid accounts, each user owns his own account and they are paid for by one group administrator.

(edited)

• 

22 Messages

Okay, well that's what the shop said. I called them today. They said I could authorize someone to get me a SIM card for my ATT prepaid account. As I can't go myself, as you know.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

Prepaid SIM cards will cost $5. Anyone can pick up a blank prepaid SIM card for $5 plus tax, they don't have to be an authorized user.
However you could make your life a whole lot easier and order one to be shipped to you from eBay, Amazon, or Best Buy. Or call AT&T and ask them to mail you one.
AT&T has made it very difficult to just order a replacement sim card online without buying a phone or a plan to go with it. If you call them then they will sell you one and ship it to you.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

22 Messages

Got you. Thank you! So the idea was there might be to send some one with my new phone to the shop and get a sim card connected to my current account and my old number. The shop guy said that's possible. Having said that, chances that someone is travelling that 2 1/2 hour route are slim. One person just went and he only goes every two months. The shop also mentioned services like door dash.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.