Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
StanleyLMW's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 17th, 2015 7:39 AM

GoPhone SIM activation and data plan

I will travel to Alaska on 7 Sep 2015 for around 1 month.  Due to the need of calling back to my home place and get internet access in Alaska, I wish to select a plan to solve this.

Since my friend has travelled to USA last year and buy an extra AT&T SIM card (new, not activated yet, but marked with a small logo of “3G”), therefore, I have a new AT&T SIM card ready for activation.

Could I use this SIM when travel in Alaska?  Or this card is too old and must buy a new one?

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

9 years ago

Is the Sim card holder a blue color one or an Orange color one??
For your info. you'll need a US address and US credit card to active the Sim card online.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your information.

My current SIM is organge background with blue label for "at&t" on the standard-size SIM card,  a "3G" logo at the lower left hand corner together with a blue label on upper right hand corner marked "BE SENSIBLE, Be safe, Be courteous".

Will this mean that even I have this SIM on hand, I can not activate my SIM using my credit card in my home country?

Are there any at&t SIM card that is designed for travellers like me when travelling to Alaska?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers

Stanley

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.