Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
ground_hogs's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jul 19, 2014 11:47 PM

gophone rate plan vs account balance expiration

I'm confused about expiration dates for my prepaid phone account. I have the $40 monthly plan, which expires 7/21/14 (tomorrow!), but I also have an account balance, which expires 10/12/14. I'm currently out of the country, and will be back briefly at the end of August (leaving again on the 27th), so would prefer not to renew the $40 plan until July 28 or later so that I can have it when I'm back in the states. My current balance is less than $40, so my plan will not automatically renew. Will I lose my number & sim if I don't renew the $40 plan until the end of July?  Or does my balance, which says it expires 10/12/14, hold it?  

Thanks!

logo412

Guru

• 

450 Messages

7 y ago

Hi @ground_hogs 

With our GoPhone monthly plans, they renew every 30 days. But our Refill cards (what you use to reload your account) Expire every 30/90/365 days. Since you have a $40 Plan, when you refill with with $40, it will keep your account active for 90 days from the last refill date. 

From what you are describing it sounds like your balance expires on 10/12/2014. As long as you renew by that date your account will stay "active" but your rate plan will not renew. 

When you come back into the country in August, you'll have to visit an AT&T Company store, as they might have to force the renewal of your plan at that time. 

You can find your nearest AT&T Company store by clicking Here

Hope this helps!

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.