5GB of Hotspot Data With an Unlimited Plan
nrek123's profile

Participant

• 

1 Message

Sunday, March 20th, 2016 4:06 PM

GoPhone per min plan - here is the catch

I spent a lot of time researching the purchase of a prepaid GoPhone and plan.  I even had two long chats with ATT agents where I asked all kind of questions, this trying to figuure what is the catch.

I decided for the 25 cent per minute plan as I only need the phone for emergencies.  I bought a phone and went to activate.   Ony then I found the catch.  NOWHERE had I before find or the chat agents told me that pre-paid credit will expire within 30 days.  I even read the terms and conditions before I purchased the phone.  There is also a refill minimum of $10. That means that the prepaid phone has a minimum spend of  $10 per month.  For  phone that I dont plan to use much that adds up.

Why doesn't ATT make this clear up front and avoid negativity and loss of trust? 

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @nrek123!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community Forums!

I’m so sorry to hear about the confusion regarding the GoPhone Plan Terms & Terms of Service. We want to be as transparent as possible regarding our plans and services, and we’re happy to clear up any questions you may have.

As stated in Section 4 of the Plan Terms, “Amounts deposited into your account expire in accordance with the stated refill denomination expiration period ($10-$24 refills expire in 30 days, $25 to $99 in 90 days, $100 or more in 365 days). Unused account balance is forfeited upon expiration.” So, you may consider a $100 refill, which will last the entire year without expiring or requiring further refills (if not used up.)

Since you’re needing a phone solely for emergencies, have you looked into the SpareOne Emergency Phone? This device pairs with a $25 Annual Plan, which includes 120 minutes, and may better fit your needs.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns as we're here to help!

Thanks!
-Spencer O AT&T Social Media Manager
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.