Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!
ne1ws2om8e

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thu, Jul 14, 2011 12:44 AM

Go phone sim card

Hey! I have a go phone already, that I purchased in sept. of last year and I was wondering a)if my go-phone sim card ever expires?? and b)can I buy a new go-phone and just put my old sim card into it??

If this helps, I already have an lg prime and am wanting to upgrade to an lg thrive!!

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Wild Banchi

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

9 years ago

Your GoPhone SIM card will not expire as long as you keep your phone in service by refilling your account every so often. Yes, you can purchase a LG Thrive and easily transfer your existing SIM card into the new phone and have it work perfectly. 🙂 Before you do the SIM switch, I would recommend saving all of your contacts to your SIM card (if you already haven't) so that you don't have to manually type each and every entry in individually. 😉

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

ne1ws2om8e

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

thank yah! another question, would it be alright if i just purchased the phone from amazon.com to save like $30?? or would it not work right..lol

Wild Banchi

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

9 years ago

That's fine, there wouldn't be a difference. As long as it's unlocked you should be good to go.

ne1ws2om8e

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

thanks so much!(:

Wild Banchi

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

9 years ago

You're welcome. 😄

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi!
I have a similar question, I would like to purchase A go phone, and I plan to use it in another country. Most likely with a different SIM card, would I be able to do that?
adidaskid808

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

7 years ago

No!!!!!! It don't work!!!! All Gophone are Sim locked with AT&T .

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Wild Banchi

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

7 years ago

The only way you could use a GoPhone in a different country would be if the phone was unlocked. AT&T does not sell unlocked phones right out of the box.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I bought a go phone in 2008. I have no used it since then. Did my sim card expire? 

If it did, can i buy a new one for the old phone?

Thank you!

Wild Banchi

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

6 years ago

@ingridonce Unfortunately, if you have no used your GoPhone account since 2008, your SIM card has expired. You do have the option to obtain a new one to use with the same phone. You will likely be assigned a new phone number. If you take a trip to a local AT&T corporate store (not authorized retailer) in your area, the employee(s) there will likely give you one for free if you add money to your account while you are still in-store. Good luck!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

so you can no longer use the old phone number? can it be reactivated so that the old numbers stays? thanks

Wild Banchi

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

6 years ago

@ingridonce You are welcome. 🙂

Wild Banchi

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

6 years ago

@hearlessbig45 Unfortunately, no, you cannot. Once a SIM card is deactivated due to dormancy, the account balance, account information, and phone number are also cancelled as well. The phone number then gets recycled into a pool so that it can be assigned to another individual. Once a SIM card is deactivated, the phone number cannot be reinstated unless acted upon quickly, usually before the number can be assigned to someone else.