Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
C

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 13th, 2020 1:24 AM

Getting a message that says I have no data availible, but I already purchased pre-paid data.

I purchased a Netgear LB1120 modem and a pre-paid AT&T SIM card. I have already purchased the 8gb plan. I have logged in to verify that I have data. When I try to go to the wifi I get a message from AT&T saying "It looks like you want to use data but have none available. You may need to add a data package or change to a plan that supports data for your device."

I have already checked my plan, I should have data. I've tried restarting it and nothing seems to work. Help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

797 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

It appears that’s the issue - the 8gb is a phone plan and not compatible with the hotspot. You would want to reference a data connect prepaid plan to work with a mifi device like the Netgear you are describing. See “DataConnect Pass offers prepaid data plans for use while traveling, vacationing, or on the go. Purchase via att.com/buyasession

For iPads, purchase via att.com/ipadlanding”

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.