Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Oct 28, 2020 3:02 AM

Funds retained when switching plans?

I am on the 25 cents/minute plan now. If I switch to the $2/day plan will my account balance also transfer?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

44.3K Messages

a month ago

Switching to the $2/day plan will not effect your balance. Your balance does not transfer. It is used to pay for whatever plan you have.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

a month ago

Switching from pay per use to a monthly plan has no effect on your balance, other than funds for that monthly plan will be drawn from your balance first before another payment method.  For example if you have a balance of $100 and you purchase the $35 Prepaid Plan, your balance will be reduced by $35 plus tax. The remaining balance will sit in your account until the expiration date or until it is used to pay for service again.  (watch those expiration dates!) 

What you are referring to is when you purchase a prepaid 30 day service plan, money is taken from your balance and used to pay for that plan. If during that 30 days you decide to change to a different plan, you must pay for that different plan in full and you lose the remainder of the 30 days for the previous monthly plan. I equate this to purchasing a soda out of a vending machine. Once you pay for that first soda it's up to you to finish the soda before you purchase another one, otherwise it is like pouring the first soda out before it's completely consumed.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

Thank you for your prompt reply.

The answer from lizdance40 was less useful since the plan I'm now in and the one I want to use are both pay-per-use.

Get started...

Ask a new question