Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
jetshine's profile

3 Messages

Friday, December 8th, 2023 3:54 AM

ERROR CODE: SSACT-558

I am trying to activate a new SIM card along with a port-in number.  I bought a $300 12-month prepaid plan that's currently shown all over the ATT website.  I am unable to activate service, the online activation keeps showing error:

Your eSIM/SIM is active and almost ready to go.
eSIM: Scan the QR and follow the prompts. Or click here for download instructions.
SIM card: Simply put it in your device, turn it on and wait a few minutes.
Then you're ready to start using your service.

ERROR CODE: SSACT-558

I tried multiple calls to CS, but they are unable to help me without a PIN.  However, no one at CS is able to send a PIN txt message to the phone.  I cannot make any calls from the phone (not even 611) nor receive text messages.  I spent close to 2 hrs at an AT&T company store and they were unable to resolve the issue.  The best he could tell (after being on corporate internal tech support call for close to an hour) is that there is an activation issue.  Please help!

Accepted Solution

3 Messages

3 months ago

Thank you for your help... I saw your reply on someone else's post about the same issue.  Here's what I learned was really the problem:  although all signs are that the activation was completed, that's actually not true.  The problem was that the port-in process was not complete.

I found a post on Reddit that described my problem, and this post (https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comments/14zwapy/comment/jve802z/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3) finally had the solution: you must call the port-in center at 888-898-7685 to manually complete the port.  The agent verified my billing address and proceeded to activate my phone; at that point, the prepaid account is in a 'suspended' state, so she transferred me over to AT&T prepaid to un-suspend the account.  The prepaid agent had to take my CC info again, charged my card for $300 (+~$21 in taxes), and voila, finally, it's working!  

Well... sort of.  Data and text messages were working fine, but I couldn't make any calls -- any call attempt would get re-routed to Prepaid Customer Service.  CS tried to fix it, bricked the SIM card in the process, and now I have to wait until Monday to get it fixed because the next-tier tech support is closed on weekends.

Overall just a really frustrating experience with starting new service with AT&T prepaid.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

3 months ago

Hopefully you've already resolved this with support but if you haven't....

AT&T Prepaid $300 for 12 months Promo (ADVICE WHEN SIGNING UP)

After signing up for AT&T Prepaid and the $300 promo offer and having issues with activation:

1. Sign up via website and fill in all appropriate information including porting info, shipping address, credit card, etc. SIM card may be shipped overnight via FedEx.

2. Once you receive your SIM card and have your phone ready, call 866 975 0050 to activate via phone and have your AT&T Order # handy.

4. Explain you'd like to activate your service and provide phone number, SIM card and IMEI. The agent will then ask you for payment to activate service.

5. \*\*THIS IS IMPORTANT\*\* To avoid getting double charged, tell them you've already provided that when you ordered and tell them they can do this via your AT&T Order #. Provide that to them and do NOT provide a credit/debit card to them. 

6. If they claim they can't do this, ask to speak with a supervisor or someone else. Your account will be activated and within 30 minutes or so the payment of $300 + taxes will get charged to your credit card you provided during the initial order. Your service will not work until this payment is applied, but in my experience it took anywhere from 5 min to 25 min.

7. Once this is complete, you can setup your account online and manage your account via the website:  [https://www.paygonline.com/websc/loginPage.html](https://www.paygonline.com/websc/loginPage.html) 

If you provided a credit card number and end up getting charged twice, call the AT&T Payments/Refunds line at: 866 608 3007 and they will look up your account and process the refund.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.