Enjoy 16GB of high-speed data for $25/mo.
Zenara25's profile
Zenara25
#1 Star!
Helpful 1
10th stratosphere!

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

Sat, Oct 28, 2017 7:12 PM

Does personal hotspot work with the prepaid 1gb plan?

Hi,

My husband just ported over to the $45 prepaid plan. This includes personal hotspot. I'm considering porting over also. But I'd like to know if personal hotspot also works with the prepaid, 1gb $35 plan?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Zenara25

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 y ago

Just writing to say now I'm unsure if this is right... I found some info under multi-line use (if I switched over it would be under multi line use because my husband is already on the 6gb plan) that states hotspot should work with both the 6gb and 1gb plans. Of course maybe this is a website mistake...

Look at the #3 next to 1gb then look below to read the #3."3After high-speed data is used, data speeds are slowed to a max of 128Kbps for the rest of the term. Includes Stream Saver: For content we can identify as video, streaming will be at Standard Definition quality (about 480p). AT&T will turn it on for you and you can turn it off or on at any time. See att.com/streamsaver for details. Mobile hotspot use available on this plan."

https://www.att.com/att/prepaid-multiline-discount/

UPDATE: Called AT&T Prepaid and they said yes mobile hotspot works with the 1gb plan 🙂

ACE - Sage

• 

97.5K Messages

5 y ago

No, currently the only prepaid plan with hotspot is the $45 plan.

I suspect data can be used so fast if tethered you would possible far exceed 1 gig before throttling

ACE - Sage

• 

97.5K Messages

5 y ago

Good!  It would be nice if it didn’t take all that digging in weird places when the could just stick it on the main prepaid info page.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.