Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
taylor221b's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, July 15th, 2018 9:34 PM

Device unlocking

I am trying to unlock an iPhone SE that was on the AT&T prepaid plan (GO Phone) and every time I put in a request, the email says that it can't be unlocked because of fraud?? No one could explain this to me and I just want some answers??

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@taylor221b wrote:

I am trying to unlock an iPhone SE that was on the AT&T prepaid plan (GO Phone) and every time I put in a request, the email says that it can't be unlocked because of fraud?? No one could explain this to me and I just want some answers??

If you purchased a prepaid iPhone SE from AT&T or a brand name store, you can't unlock it until you USE it for SIX months on prepaid.

The email literally says "fraud" in it?

Can you post a snapshot without your acct/phone number, please?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Capture.PNG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

The phone was purchased on May 3rd of last year and she got a new phone around Thanksgiving, which made it around six months and two weeks so it was used for six consecutive months.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@taylor221b wrote:

The phone was purchased on May 3rd of last year and she got a new phone around Thanksgiving, which made it around six months and two weeks so it was used for six consecutive months.

Used on PREpaid or POSTpaid?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.