Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
S

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Apr 9, 2020 3:05 PM

data not working with my 15$ promo plan

Yesterday i changed my plan to the 15$ promo plan to have 2GB of data. Payment was successful and my account summary shows all details.

I just moved to the US from Europe and have an unlocked iPhone 7, getting text and making calls works fine - data doesn't work at all.

Even though my phone shows 4G and the data is switched on, it doesn't load anything and in Safari it says i'm not part of any data service.

I tried all tipps on ATT site, but nothing change the situation.

Thanks for your help!

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.7K Messages

7 months ago

at&t prepad doesnt work in most of Europe. And NONE of the domestic plans pay for roaming in europe. That plan pays for US service only.

In the few places you can roam with prepaid, you must add a $35 roaming plan good for 1 week.

Prepaid roaming

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

thanks for the reply - I need to correct myself.. I just moved to the US from Europe = my phone is from Europe
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.7K Messages

Oh!
Unfortunately that may make all the difference in the world. The good news is talk and text does work.
First let's see if I can get you a link to the proper APN settings, and hope that fixes data access
Can you post the make and model of your phone please?

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.7K Messages

7 months ago

Copy paste, already I'm on mobile which does not allow me to create an active link

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1218306/

• 

3 Messages

I found the problem... my old provider was still active in settings.
thank you!!!
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.7K Messages

Well hit the easy button, you solved it!

Get started...

Ask a new question