Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
n_qkg's profile

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 2:16 PM

Complaint - Trail Camera Pre-Paid

I have a pre-paid sim card in a remotely mounted trail camera.  This is NOT new technology.  I am sure I am not the only customer with this issue.  I  cannot get any tech support at all because they want a pin number.  They want me to put the sim card in a phone to receive a pin number.   No matter how many times I tell tech support.  It is REMOTE TRAIL CAMERA ~!!!!!  In the woods, away from the public, only accessible on foot!!!!

I have crap to zero service from AT&T network.  “supposedly” there is 5G in the area, but I barely get 1 bar on my I-phone in the area.  One day I can remote view the camera, the next five days I cannot.  It is getting worse by the day.  AT&T don’t care about the customer because I only get the run around.  AT&T just lost a 20-year customer because of it.

AT&T senior management PLEASE CONTACT ME !!!!

Somebody that can actually help me and not some low level intern.

(Edited as per community guidelines) - leave message.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

2 years ago

Service providers concentrate their service in areas where there are customers. The more customers the more value they get for providing service in a certain area. Unfortunately a trail camera and a remote area where nobody lives is not going to be a gold mine for any service provider. This is why another option for trail cameras is an SD card for storage.   Not as convenient, lots cheaper.

There's a good chance that your trail camera relied on 3G connectivity for service. 3G has been shut off. T-Mobile is in the process of shutting their 3G service off and Verizon is following suit by the end of this year.

Former Moderator

• 

260 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @n_qkg,

Please be mindful about sharing your personal details like, Phone number, email id, IMEI number, account number, last name, Credit/Debit card number, order number, Driver licence details, address. This is a public forum and your privacy is very important to us. As per AT&T Community Forum's guidelines http://sm.att.com/b9b8aa02 your personal details will be scrubbed. Have a great day!

Regards,
AT&T Moderator

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

2 years ago

Do not expected to be contacted by phone or e-mail directly based on your post.  You may, at best, receive a reply from ATTHelp in this thread which may lead to further contact by DM or something.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

So, formerlyknownas -  what you are saying is AT&T "plans" not to have good service in low populated areas. 

But they have no problem marketing to low populated areas.  And they expect there money from you no matter where you live.  So yes, I EXPECT the same service in a low populated area as a highly populated area.  

VIPIN - Funny how you removed the number but I AT&T made ZERO EFFORT to contact me about the (Edited per community guidelines) service thought did they !!!!!!

And that is EXACTLY why I LEFT AT&T and moved to the competition !!!

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

2 years ago

@n_qkg

The Forum moderators are a third party, they are not AT&T help. Anything that doesn't belong on the Forum would have been edited out before ATT help even saw it.

AT&T will sell you service if you ask to buy it. Whether or not the service works is 100% up to us customers to determine.

Which it seems you did. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.