Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
K

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, November 22nd, 2020 9:34 PM

Complaint against AT&T

Does anyone here know how to file a formal complaint w/att? For the last 3days I have been speaking to csr's to no avail in regards to my acct & to this day, no resolution, not even an attempt at some sort of customer satisfaction.  I have a prepaid cellular plan that I keep on $2 daily because I only have it for specific usage & keep a credit on my account because I don't want to loose my # or buy mins every time I need to use that particular phone. 

As of Nov 9th, I had a credit of $65 on my account, that was the last time I used that phone to make a call; as always after use I turn the phone completely off.  I turned my phone on to use Nov 19th only to find a text msg from Nov 13th that said thank u for ur $65 purchase, ur balance is $0, I'm floored & flabbergasted at the same time.  I called att the next day because customer service was closed that night to find out what happened to my money & to find abt this purchase.  I was told that this was for data usage, I asked what kind of data cost $65 & what kind of data usage? I explained that my last usage was Nov 9th the phone had been turned off since then & I don't use any data on that device, I have wifi at home & I have 2 other devices with monthly plans that have data so why would I use whatever kind of data this is for $65. 

According to att csr's & supv's, etc......idk, (I was xfrd so many times until it was ridiculous), this is a valid charge because it was data & asked if I watched movies or downloaded something, I explained again that, NO, I don't watch movies on the phone, that's what my television is for & that I don't download, search the web, nothing on this device, it still has the original apps on it that came with it, never used, I only use it for texts/phone calls.  I've been explaining this for 3days & only 1 person actually looked thru my acct & saw that I keep a credit on my account, that I had never used data ever on my account & that it was suspicious that all of a sudden a $65 data charge pops up; 1 single usage, & my money gone just like that & I don't qualify for a refund because it was data. 

Again I explained that if my device was last used on the 9th which they could see & not turned back on until the 19th, & suddenly on the 13th at 1:08am a $65 one time data usage charge zeros out my acct that as can be seen thru out the duration that I've never used data on, doesn't that seem strange.  I also explained that I believe my account was being hacked because at the time I was trying to look at my settings telling them that data isn't even turned on the device, all sorts of foreign pop ups started flashing all over the screen & are still there, I don't even have access to the device anymore, I hurry up & took my sim card out & turned it back off.  But to them, they could care less abt me the customer & the fact that not only have I been a long time customer, my acct backs up everything I told them & not only do I have att service w/that 1 device, I have 3 other att services as well. 

I was told that they could not refund my credit to my acct, they never chkd to see where this data purchase was made, nothing, & that they can switch my plan to a monthly plan w/data as if I was lying & used $65 in one purchase for I can't even fathom whatever was purchased, downloaded or whatever 1 time usage it was.  If my accts being/been hacked, I would think they would want to investigate a bit further or something.  For the last time today, before coming to this forum, I explained again what happened to my acct & that I don't need data on this device if I only use it to text & make calls every blue moon, otherwise it is powered off, that is why it is on a $2 daily plan, I have wifi service at home and 2 other devices with monthly plans that include data.  Then I was told if I didn't want to change to any of the other plans, I can get this .25 a min plan but that is all that can be done, nothing further.  

When i inquired abt filing a complaint today, I was told:  Well, all calls are recorded so if u call bk the next person can read the notes - HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Their customer service is the worst ever.  When things work its a good service but if something goes awry it will take days if not weeks to get a resolution.  Their reps do not listen to what you say which is why I now have equipment I don't want or need and cannot install sitting in my house.  I was promised a tech would be here today to fix our mess (and this after two days of absurdity on the phone with their csr's, one of whom transferred me to the wrong department).  So far no sign of them and it is long past the promised window. The installation appointment listed online is for next week.  I am so angry I am spitting nails!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

ATT has no formal complaint system. File your complaint through the FCC or BBB. The complaint will result in someone from corporate contacting you. That does sound crazy. The $2 plan requires you purchase data add ons to use data. I believe the data add on is $1, so that would have required you purchase 65 add ons. 

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Exactly and thank you so very much for the info and I certainly will

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

@birdyjj, I feel and know ur frustration 1st hand

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.