Enjoy 16GB of high-speed data for $25/mo.
NikNik77's profile

• 

3 Messages

Sat, May 21, 2022 9:08 PM

Cannot make or receive calls on a AT&T prepaid phone

I bought a AT&T prepaid phone. My phone works fine until a couple of days ago and all the sudden I cannot make or receive phone calls I have done everything to try to figure it out and I don't know what to do I just paid for this phone I don't want to go buy another one

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

1 m ago

This is an actual AT&T branded phone? Purchase either from AT&T or from an authorized reseller of AT&T products like Best Buy, Walmart, Target?

Are you getting any errors, like POP error?

• 

3 Messages

1 m ago

Yes, it's an AT&T phone bought from Walmart. I'm not getting any error messages. Just as soon as I hit the call button, it says call ended.

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

1 m ago

Nothing else to add?  Like text and data work or not?  

The brand, model name and full model number?  

• 

3 Messages

1 m ago

Samsung Galaxy A13 5G

SM-A136U. Everything works fine except for making and receiving phone calls.

• 

26 Messages

1 m ago

You need to call support and interact with them... 800-901-9878.

And just as an FYI... be prepared to find another carrier as AT&T is actively dumping prepaid customers. 

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

1 m ago

@GaryGaryGary77

That's not true.   AT&T was dumping anyone without a compatible phone.  That seems to have stopped

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

1 m ago

@NikNik77

Most likely this is a point of purchase error, but usually it shows somewhere on the phone.   Call at&t.

The other possibility is it AT&T is not recognizing this phone as being compatible with their HD voice.  If you transfer your old SIM card into this new phone, that is very possibly why it is not working..

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1046244/

If your SIM card does not show us being compatible with HD voice, go to an AT&T store and have them make a new sim card with your existing phone number.

• 

26 Messages

1 m ago

@formerlyknownas 

AT&T is dumping accounts currently as I have noted in another thread today. I know it can be difficult keeping up with all of their shenanigans!

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.