Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
jimcrich's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, June 17th, 2014 8:28 AM

cannot get a bluetooth connection with Z221

I amusing a Z221 and a working bluetooth dongle, win 8.1

I have tried all of the methods mentioned in many posts here but cannot get past the "passcode" request after the bluetooth settup manager finds my phone.   I am however able to make a bluetooth connection with my wife's T-mobile phone so I know the bluetooth dongle is working.  I was able to send some images to my compter using the E-mail method but I'd like to do it thru bluetooth like I can with theT-mobile phone (or the direct USB cable).  I also bought a USB cable but can find no way to transfer images to my computer with it.  I have tried resetting the "PIN" code in my phone but it doesn't help when the bluetooth setup app. asks for my phones passcode.  I have tried several passcodes that I may have used before but none of them are accepted by the phone or computer.  Not much else to say about the technology of my process so, if you have questions or suggestions, please offer them.  I will continue to work on this and update this post if I discover anything that works.

thanks,

jim

So far I have done:

(on the phone) Menu>Settings>Connections>Bluetooth>My Devices>Search for new device>it found my PC and requests the passkey - from here nothing that I have written for a passkey/password works and all I get is "unable to pair".   A similar process occurs when I try to have the computer locate my phone and it all goes well until I reach the "password/passcode" section.  I don't know how or where to find this "passcode" other than the several one's I have or used before.  Maybe I'll contact my GoPhone service provider tomorrow to see if they can give me the passcode. 

thanks,

jim

OK, it's the next day and I contactd AT&T tech support.  The tech was as helpful as possible BUT had NO IDEA how to help me with the Bluetooth issue.   It turned out that I know about as much as that tech!  And there is nothing that they can do to help me work through this bluetooth matter.  The tech suggested that the "passcode" thing was about my PC rather than the Z221 phone even though I told him my other phone, a Nokia, works just fine with the bluetooth dongle AND my bluetooth car phone/speaker works very well with the AT&T Z221!  Then the connection with the AT&T tech was BROKEN OFF AT THEIR END. 

I've pretty much given up using a bluetooth connection since nobody at AT&T can help me set it up.  Then I checked out the "send to on line locker" option in my Z221 - LOL - it turns out that my GoPhone device does not qualfy for that service!  It looks like I will have to dump AT&T and go back to my old Verizon phone if I want to use the phone for images/video.   Meanwhile, I am looking at using a USB SIM reader to get the images, etc. out of my Z221. 

Will let you know how it all works out - JUST DON'T BOTHER WITH AT&T TECHNICAL SERVICE - they are pathetic to say the least.

jim

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hi Jim,

Have you tried 0000 as a passcode? That's usually a default passcode for most BT devices. If that doesn't work, it's possible that the phone, being a pretty basic device, doesn't support some transfer/connection protocols that the dongle is using so it can't connect.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.