Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
J

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 11th, 2020 8:29 PM

Can I reuse an old prepaid phone?

I have an old prepaid flip phone (KaiOS) that we purchased years ago for my son. When we upgraded him to a real phone 2 years ago, I'm assuming they removed the SIM Card from the old flip phone. Can I still use this old flip phone for my daughter? She's extremely young, so a simple flip phone to use when needed is sufficient enough for her for now. Do I just go to the att website and access the bring your own device option for a prepaid phone and then order a SIM Card? Just wanting to double check this is the easiest route to get this old phone working again for her.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

An old flip phone likely can’t be reused unless it supports 4G. If it is a 2G phone, ATT shut down the 2G network. If it’s a 3G phone, ATT is shutting down the 3G network next year but will no longer activate a 3G phone. If you can identify the exact make and model of the phone, someone can tell you for sure whether it can still be used.

• 

2 Messages

@sandblaster Thank you for responding. It took some time to find the original box, but it appears to be an "AT&T Cingular Flip 2".

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.