Get our NEW Unlimited MAX plan with 25GB hotspot data, 5G access, 100GB cloud storage, and more for $55/mo.!
Zimm32's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 17th, 2015 1:29 AM

Calls under a minute charges as two minutes

I have the 10 cent a minute plan.So why am I being charged 20 cents for calls of 53 second  another at 48 seconds. One minute to me is 60 seconds.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @Zimm32

Thank you for posting! I apologize for any confusion, this questions has came up in the past, and it's actually explained in the GoPhone terms of service. Your phone's call counter starts once the call is connected and it measures the actual conversation, however it's not counting the time it takes to deliver and connect the call (ring time). It varies slightly based on a call destination and how long it takes a recipient to answer, but since the phone is actually using AT&T's network during this time (since the call is initiated), it can be over a minute and count as two minutes.

For example. You call someone and it takes 2 seconds to deliver the call (from when you press send until you start hearing rings) and then 7 seconds for your recipient to answer. Your conversation takes 53 seconds, so your phone was connected to AT&T's network for 2 + 7 + 53 = 1 minute and 2 seconds, and it's billed as 2 minutes.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

9 years ago

20 cent charges are probably text.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

How can I find out exactly what is using data on my go phone account, it doesn't tell me what it is just that I have been using a lot of data, but I don't know what it's is anyway to find out

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

*777*1#
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.