Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, May 23, 2014 1:56 AM

calling charges

Hello I hope someone can answer this question or at least tell me how to get reimbursed or at least to stop these charges.  I don't use my phone much so it took me a while to notice but they started about 2 months ago.  This is an example but there are now about 100 of them lisited in my history:

Call Information:

Type SMS Terminating
Nature of Call Local
Number Called 180xxxxxxxx
Calling Number 1C0DE132665136
Call Date 05/21/2014
Call Time 06:57:26 AM
Timezone US/Mountain
Call Duration 0min 0sec
Total Amount $0.20
Service Used -
Unit(s) Charged Not Applicable
Call Location None

Why am I being charged for these calls on At&t gophone. They are "incoming SMS Terminating" I don't have a data plan because I don't have service in most of the place I use the phone. They are draining my account and I have no idea where they come from and there is no message associated except the charge!

Thanks in advance,

Kenamac

Responses

ms_unicorn

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

6 years ago

Hello, gtclover!

Thanks for posting. We would be happy to investigate these charges for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Hi Mariana, thank you for your quick reply! I decided to try ATT customer
support and an extremely nice technician explained that these charges were
the result of the Facebook notification system that somehow got my mobile #
and decided to start sending me text messages. I never give my mobile #
out to anyone but friends and family. So this was absolutely not something
I asked Facebook to do! At any rate Arial told me how to fix the problem
on the FB side (I had suspected FB some I removed their ap from my phone
but they continued) and I was credited for the 200 messages they had sent
at 0.20$ per message! Beware of FB!! They are out of control. Check your
preferences regularly as they can reset them without notice.
Susan

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Please help me figure out what 1C0DE146676    that code is. I have called ATT and Microsoft and still have no idea why it is ALWAYS in my phones from ATT.

Please help me to figure out what it is. Sometimes it is in my phone up to 10 times a day!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Have you checked your Facebook notification preferences?  This was a while  ago for me but somewhere in your notification preferences your cell phone number is listed as a place where they can send notifications.  I have a pay as you go phone and incoming messages are billed @ $0.20/ messages.  It is not in ATT's interest to help you eliminate them but they told me how & creditted my account for the 200+ calls!  If it's not FB it could be any number of other social networks you belong to, and you'll have to sift through them.  Fortunately it was only FB in my case!

Get started...

Ask a new question