Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
R

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 2nd, 2020 2:53 AM

AT&T Prepaid sim says activated but not working

Hi all,

I ordered a new Prepaid SIM card requesting Number transfer from my existing carrier. Got the SIM card today, but when i tried to activate it , it says SIM is activated. But its not working.

I put the number transfer online while ordering the prepaid plan. I even checked the Number port status and it says confirmed.

But when i received the SIM today, it is not working. Phone detected the SIM correctly but cannot place calls and data is also not working.

Whereas, my old carrier is still working (which would mean the Number porting did not happen yet or the new SIM is not activated yet).

I activated the SIM multiple times online by giving the SIM card number, IMEI number, PIN Code, Everytime i got the message saying my number is Activated.

But it looks like it did not.

I am trying to reach AT&T personnel thru Chat and Phone. But either way they are not reachable. I am thinking about returning the SIM if i could not get any resolution.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

same here waiting for an answer....

• 

2 Messages

Want to give update on this issue..

Today i was able to get hold of AT&T Rep in phone after a long time. They were able to activate the Sim from their end. They said this type of issue is common especially when we do the Number transfer, its better to do it thru phone or in store than doing via online.

Anyway, once they activated, they tested the connectivity by placing a test call. All works good now.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having the same problem.  Question:  Did you get an "Invalid Sim Card" error on your phone with the new AT&T sim card?  I'm getting that error and I'm resubmitted a request to my original carrier (boost mobile) to unlock my phone but I'm not sure if the problem is with boost or at&t.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.