Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
bngrfn's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Mar 22, 2016 4:21 AM

AT&T doesn't care about its GoPhone customers

The terribleness of your customer service is nearly unparalleled.  Perhaps you treat your contract customers better; I am of little means and wouldn't know.  I have used your GoPhone service for roughly a year, and while I've rarely had much to complain about, I've never before had to deal with your customer service.

Today I attempted to refill my GoPhone account as per usual, but received an error message indicating something went wrong and I should try again.  So I did.  My debit card was billed twice and yet my GoPhone account remains inactive.  I consulted my bank and they confirmed AT&T had in fact withdrawn the money from my account.  Twice.

Naturally I contacted AT&T customer service in an attempt to resolve the issue.  I made two separate phone calls to AT&T which consumed nearly three full hours of my time, spoke to no less than six different people (to whom I had to entirely re-explain my issue--I was told that they are incapable of and/or not allowed to relate information to the next representative), I was condescended to and told the issue was either my own fault or that it was the bank's.

My issue remains unresolved.

I use a GoPhone account because I own my device and I am not financially capable of affording one of the more expensive contract based plans.  Why does this warrant an absence of consideration?  Why am I forced to deal with these imbeciles over the phone and not chat with a representative online?

A cursory search of both Google and these forums indicate I am by no means alone in my frustration.

Maybe I should just go back to Verizon.  They may be pricier, but at least they treated me with respect.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

6 y ago

Hi @bngrfn !

Thanks for posting your concerns. I’m so sorry that you had a such a negative experience with customer service and would like the chance to show you that we do provide excellent customer service! 

So I can further assist you, please private message me by clicking here and provide your name and a good contact number as well as the wireless number in question.

Thank you,
-JP, AT&T Social Media Manager

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.