Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Enjoy 8GB of high-speed data for $25/mo.
M

• 

7 Messages

Thu, Jan 20, 2022 2:00 PM

5G Speed

I thought 5G was turned on yesterday at 12am? Speedtest only shows 10mb download. Was it not turned on?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.4K Messages

4分前

Yes, it was but that doesn’t mean you have it in your area.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

4分前

c band  was turned on in 8 major cities that was it.

(edited)

• 

7 Messages

4分前

It shows 5G in the top bar. Wouldn't that mean I'm connected to 5G?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.4K Messages

4分前

Yes but you are connected to low band 5G which has been on for years. What was turned on the other day is high band 5G and only in 8 cities as noted above.

ACE - Sage

• 

96.4K Messages

4分前

Take a closer look at your top notification bar it says 5G e no, not 5G.   5Ge is  LTE

Constructive

Employee

• 

27.3K Messages

4分前

Yep that’s 5Ge

• 

7 Messages

4分前

I thought 4G LTE was up to 100mbs. Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll sit tight until the real 5G high band roll out happens in my area. :)

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

4分前

@sandblaster 

They actually turned on c band 5G which is mod band.  mmWave is high band.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.4K Messages

4分前

You should also note that just because higher bandwidth is theoretically available to someone sitting under the tower, doesn't mean that everyone will get that higher bandwidth everywhere, or all the time, because the total available bandwidth will be split between the subscribers in the area of that tower, and the bandwidth will drop off as you get further away from the tower.

ACE - Sage

• 

96.4K Messages

4分前

@mikeywindows

LTE can theoretically be up to 300 mbps.  I've seen 290 ish once in North Carolina.  Rarely over 90 mbps in my area of CT.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.