Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Enjoy 16GB of high-speed data for $25/mo.
CarolMK's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Aug 2, 2016 1:11 AM

1 cent charges for data

Why am I being charged 1 cent for data (numerous times) when I don't use my pre-paid phone for data?  (I only use it for phone calls and occasional texts.)  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

pgrey

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

6 y مضت

Something is likely using data, such as a background process checking for updates, maybe a social app, etc.  

Minor data usage is a fact of life, with a smartphone, unless you absolutely lock out every last process that would/could account for background data.  While this can be done, it can be a pretty tedious process.

If you want to avoid data usage altogether, just go into your SIM settings, and disable the cellular data checkbox (I'm assuming Android, similar for other OS's).  This will stop ALL data from being used by your cellular plan.  Depending on your OS though, it may also prevent you from sending MMS texts, such as those with pics, multiple-people, etc.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y مضت

I get similar 1 cent charges on a samsung flip phone that shouldn't be using data for anything. This just started happening a couple of months ago even though I've had the phone for a couple of years.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 y مضت

Same here, I keep getting messages that show a 2 cent charge and I did not even use the phone.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.