consultantz's profile

6 Messages

Thursday, February 8th, 2024 4:46 AM

Max Can't Verify Subscription

Hello,

I have Max included as part of my AT&T subscription. When I try to log in I get this error that says "Can't Verify Subscription" and asks me to contact my provider directly. Can anyone please help me with this?

Thank you,

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 months ago

@consultantz 

Contact Max Support at 855-442-6629, or go to Max.com, sign in with your AT&T login on a laptop, phone or tablet first,  and then create a Max username and password. You can then use that username and password to sign in on your television or other devices by “sign in” instead of signing in with the provider. That has worked for some but not all.

AT&T spun off HBO Max (now called Max) over a year ago. It is now owned by WBD (Warner Brothers/Discovery) making its own decisions as to who has access or not. The migration of legacy AT&T accounts to Max did not go well and has been fraught with many problems. Some customers were able to get their AT&T logins merged to Max but their service was downgraded to Ad-free, two concurrent devices, full HD only. If you want 4k HDR/Atmos (Ultimate Tier) you need to subscribe directly to Max and pay for it. Your original TOS stated that "terms were subject to change", and being as AT&T no longer controls Max, that certainly qualifies as a change. Also, any changes you made to your plan after activating your "HBO Max for Life" promo also affected that promo. Max (WBD) is in control now so it's up to them as to who gets free access to their full HD tier or not. You can try to contact AT&T Support and see if they can sync your account info to Max but it's hit and miss.

Accepted Solution

6 Messages

2 months ago

I was able to get this resolved with AT&T customer support after they connected with the Digital Assistance Center.

If anyone is dealing with this issue I recommend you take the following steps.

1. Clear your cookies / cache / etc.
  2. Log into my AT&T first, then on a new tab in the same browser. Log into Max. Follow the steps for logging in with Provider
  3. If the error still says "Can't Verify Provider," then you need to contact AT&T support
  4. When you contact AT&T support, ask them to verify you have Max included as part of your plan and then ask them to connect you with the Digital Assistance Center who will then need to re-link your AT&T and Max account
  5. When you go back to Max, redo steps 1 and 2. If it worked then you should be taken to a page to create a new account
  6. Follow the steps to create a new account (even if you had a Max account previously). If you previously had a Max account then it will give you the option of either verifying your account or setting up a new account with a new email

I hope that helps someone in the future.

6 Messages

2 months ago

I spoke to Max Service, and they walked me through a few steps to log-in involving logging into my AT&T. This did not resolve the issue and they directed me back to the provider with the direction that my AT&T account has become unliked from my Max account and I need to re-link it. Is there anyone from AT&T who can help resolve this issue?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 months ago

As I mentioned, you will have to call Support and hopefully you can get someone who can resync your account. Or, you can try this to contact Support: Contact Us

Has there been any changes made to your account at all since you first activated HBO Max (now just Max)?

6 Messages

2 months ago

No changes, I've been on the same plan since 2019 or even earlier. It is the Unlimited & More (SM) Premium plan which is no longer available. When I look at the benefits of my plan I see Max listed as a benefit. The AT&T person I'm talking to right now can't seem to help me. When I spoke to Max they told me to contact the Digital Services Department at AT&T which is apparently a team they've set up to deal with these issues. Unfortunately, the number I called took me to general AT&T support and this team doesn't seem to know how to manage this issue. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 months ago

@consultantz It is the Unlimited & More (SM) Premium plan which is no longer available.

That could be the reason. If you read my reply above, and your TOS, you'll see that "terms are subject to change". I'm not saying that's the reason for sure but...... and again, it may be that Max is just not accepting any legacy accounts anymore. AT&T has no control over that. Not much you can do but keep trying.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 months ago

@consultantz  A variation of what I posted above but if it worked that way, that's great. Hopefully Max will continue to honor your Ad-free, full HD only plan going forward for a long time.

6 Messages

2 months ago

@OttoPylot  appreciate the help and the quick responses here.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 months ago

@consultantz  You're welcome. I never activated my "HBO for Life" option when we upgraded our plan because anything "for life" is going to come with caveats, and more than likely will have issues down the road. Besides, I wanted the 4k HDR tier so we just paid for it. No muss, no fuss.

6 Messages

2 months ago

I can understand that, for me personally I don't use Max enough to justify for myself to pay for the 4K HDR tier. There are downsides to the older Unlimited & More (SM) Premium as well as it will throttle data when you cross 22 GB in a month. I usually do not approach this limit, but AT&T does not have this limitation on currently available comparable plans.

Fingers crossed they continue to support the older plans!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.