jjbmn12's profile

1 Message

Sunday, January 7th, 2024 4:21 PM

I cannot access HBO max?

I have had HBO max as part of the signature plan and now cannot login.  I am seeing others with the same problem and do not know what has changed.  These are the issues than make a long time AT&T customer think about changing. Especially when my bill goes up.

Hoping i can understand the changes and know if I have this benefit still before I shop around.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 months ago

You don’t get MAX free through the Signature program.  You get MAX free as part of your cell phone service or internet service.

Which wireless plans include a Max subscription?
These AT&T Wireless plans give you access to Max at no extra charge.
  • AT&T Unlimited Elite®
  • AT&T Unlimited PlusSM
  • AT&T Unlimited Plus EnhancedSM
  • AT&T Unlimited ChoiceSM
  • AT&T Unlimited Choice IISM
  • AT&T Unlimited Choice EnhancedSM
  • AT&T Unlimited &MoreSM Premium
How do I find out if Max was included with my AT&T Fiber?
If you purchased Internet 1000, 2000, or 5000 within these date ranges, you received access to Max at no extra charge.

Service Speed Tier Date Range
AT&T Fiber Internet 1000 5/27/2021 to 6/5/2022
AT&T Fiber Internet 2000 9/20/2021 to 6/5/2022
AT&T Fiber Internet 5000 9/20/2021 to 6/5/2022

FYI: This promotion ended for AT&T Fiber on June 5, 2022. If you move your service or change your plan, you’ll lose your Max benefit.
Customers are reporting issues with access if MAX was previously included with their internet service.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

3 months ago

@jjbmn12  AT&T spun off HBO Max (now called Max) early last year. It is now its own company making its own decisions on who has access or not. The migration of legacy AT&T accounts to Max did not go well and has been fraught with many problems. Some customers were able to get their AT&T logins merged to Max but their service was downgraded to Ad-free, two concurrent devices, full HD only. If you want 4k HDR/Atmos (Ultimate Tier)you need to subscribe directly to Max and pay for it. Your original TOS stated that "terms were subject to change", and being as AT&T no longer controls Max, that certainly qualifies as a change. Also, any changes you made to your plan after activating your "HBO Max for Life" promo also affected that promo. Max is in control now so it's up to them as to who gets free access to their full HD tier or not.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.