Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
iosvsandroid's profile

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

Thursday, February 25th, 2021 12:47 PM

Closed

HBO MAX NOT WORKING WITH AT&T LOGIN

I have an unlimited elite wireless plan that IS SUPPOSED TO INCLUDE HBO MAX FREE, however every time I login it gives me an error msg see image attached:

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

ATT Wireless customer—HBO Max says it cannot verify my account

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

3 years ago

Did you confirm that you activated your HBO Max account?  

UPDATE: I went to the FAQ link and arrived at a page showing this:

Next, set up HBO Max on select unlimited plans

AT&T Unlimited Elite
  1. Go to your myAT&T account overview from a web browser.
  2. Select one of the following:
    • Go to my account
    • Get started with the HBO Max logo and then follow the prompts
    • Start watching HBO Max under See what’s on TV.
  3. Look at the Finally, sign in and stream HBO Max section of this article for next steps.

Did you do this?  

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I have this same error when trying to log into HBO Max.  And when I log in to the AT&T website and look at my Internet 1000 account, the “My HBO Max” section just has a message that says “HBO Max is here!  It’s all of HBO together with even more movies and series, plus new Max Originals.” ... and nothing else.  There’s no way to “activate” it.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

3 years ago

Sounds like it's time to call 800-288-2020.  Good luck!

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

That wasn’t helpful, unfortunately.  The AT&T person looked at some things, then transferred me over to HBO Max, who looked at some things and said they don’t have any record of an account for me so it must be a problem with AT&T.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

3 years ago

It is a problem with AT&T.  When they say that have to transfer you to HBOMax ask to speak to a supervisor.  No, they can't call you back, because they apparently don't ever make calls.

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I’ve using HBO Max for months and just had the same issue. I’ve spent almost 3 hours on the phone with ATT and HBO Max today trying to resolve this issue. I spoke with two representatives with ATT and four representatives from HBO Max. The last person from HBO Max second tier support put me on hold for 20min while needing to contact ATT. She just transferred the call and never came back on the line. All the representatives performed the same trouble shooting steps and  never resolved the problem including changing my password on ATT and HBO Max. 

This has been a very poor experience for a service that is included in my service plan. It is especially frustrating this appears to be a known issue that hasn’t been resolved in months. I don’t have any confidence this will be resolved based upon my experience today. 

• 

27 Messages

3 years ago

ATT is the worst. Just be happy you not having a billing dispute with them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.