Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Timbink's profile

1 Message

Friday, January 19th, 2024 1:02 AM

Can’t log in to hbo max even though I have it in my plan

I get an error that MAX “can’t verify my subscription” when trying to login through att.  I get the same result when trying to login through my phone, tv or computer.  Can someone help?  I can’t find any solutions for this online but it seems to be pretty widespreD

2 Messages

5 months ago

A lot of folks are having the same issues unfortunately. I worked with customer service for MAX and AT&T over 5 days just to be told that they will try to resolve it within 30 days. If they were not successful, they would credit me the cost for MAX and I could subscribe to it on my own. I have been an AT&T customer since before 2004 and have never seen this much mess. Switching services... definitely an option. 

2 Messages

5 months ago

I was on the line with a "high level" rep and they couldn't even find the "MAX" tile on my account. It doesn't exist any longer. I was watching MAX just last month. It's unsettling that you pay for this. It is part of the package, it's not free. We should be compensated accordingly.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.7K Messages

5 months ago

@BLACKLYON and @Timbink 

AT&T spun off HBO Max (now called Max) over a year ago. It is now owned by WBD (Warner Brothers/Discovery) making its own decisions as to who has access or not. The migration of legacy AT&T accounts to Max did not go well and has been fraught with many problems. Some customers were able to get their AT&T logins merged to Max but their service was downgraded to Ad-free, two concurrent devices, full HD only. If you want 4k HDR/Atmos (Ultimate Tier) you need to subscribe directly to Max and pay for it. Your original TOS stated that "terms were subject to change", and being as AT&T no longer controls Max, that certainly qualifies as a change. Also, any changes you made to your plan after activating your "HBO Max for Life" promo also affected that promo. Max (WBD) is in control now so it's up to them as to who gets free access to their full HD tier or not. You can try to call AT&T Support and see if they can sync your account info to Max but it's hit and miss.

Community Support

• 

232.7K Messages

5 months ago

Hi there, we would like to inform you that the concern is expected to be resolved within 30 days. Under unexpected circumstances, if not solved, we would credit the amount of HBO Max subscription that equates to your subscription to your account. Please bear with us!

Thank you
BC

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.