loryraymond1's profile

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

Monday, December 4th, 2023 9:38 PM

Closed

Can no longer access HBO Max (MAX) that I was supposed to have free for life through my cellular plan

I have had HBO Max for free for years through my wireless plan and it seems like since it switched from HBO Max to just MAX that I cannot access it any longer. I have called and messaged and get a different story every time. Today I was told I can no longer get it because of my plan. I have had this same plan for years with no changes for AT&T to just up can cancel my MAX subscription. 

I see MANY more people are having the same issue. I have spent HOURS on chat and the phone trying to get this resolved. I just got off another a call of 1 hour 30 mins and 29 sec. with tech support and they could not reinstate my service because it was not on my plan. 

WHAT HAPPENED? Where did my FREE FOR LIFE access go? People are entitled to answers beside it's not on your plan. 

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Were you mistakenly told your plan had changed?

10 Messages

4 months ago

OK guys, I finally got it to work!!!  I contacted Max and they told me that you need to go to Max.com, sign in with your AT&T provider on a laptop, phone or tablet first and then create a Max username and password. And then you can use that username and password to sign in on your television by “sign in” instead of signing in with the provider. You can only use it on two devices at the same time.  The phone number for Max support is 855-442-6629.  Hope this helps!

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

4 months ago

@lovetotravel3333  Excellent! I'm glad Max finally started to support the AT&T legacy customers and allow the downgraded Ad-free, 2 concurrent devices, full HD only tier. That's what was supposed to happen after the sunset date of Dec. 5th for the AT&T customers. Does the new login only work on tv's or can you use the login on a phone, tablet, or external streaming device (AppleTV4k, Roku, Fire, etc)?

10 Messages

4 months ago

Yes, it works on tablets, phones, computers, TVs.  You can only have two devices streaming at the same time though.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

4 months ago

@lovetotravel3333  Yes. That was the downgraded free plan. Ad-free, 2 concurrent devices only, full HD, and 30 downloads. For 4k HDR/Atmos (Ultimate Tier), you have to subscribe directly to Max and pay for it. Hopefully Max will continue to honor the AT&T legacy customers for a long time.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.