Shop holiday gifts while you still can - Everyone gets our best deals on any smartphone!
madmax988's profile

Scholar

• 

600 Messages

Saturday, August 19th, 2023 11:05 AM

Losing Free Max subscription?

Did anyone else get these weird automated e-mails?  Anyone lose free Max subscription?

I get a free Max subscription for having 1 gig internet + legacy U-verse TV (that I pay a small fortune for).  But I got a random e-mail on 8/18/2023 claiming I made a change to my account and I'd be losing my Discount on 8/19/2023.  On 8/19/2023 I got another e-mail claiming I had an order # and I needed to log in to see what changed in my order.  When I logged in, it shows an order # and shows me having the exact same u200 +hbo max still and still having 1 gbps and then shows this lie of a statement

"Status: 

We updated your account like you asked. Thanks for choosing AT&T."

I definitley didn't ask for any changes.

It also shows the order Amount paid: "$150"

And "due monthly $150+taxes and fees"

Then on the customer service summary it shows my bill going up $5 (although that page is worthless since it never has the correct numbers for my legacy account, for previous or next month).  It also shows this is a mid-month change so lots of annoying pro-rating and partial month charges to confuse things.

Any idea what's going on?

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

26.9K Messages

4 months ago

From the websiteMAX SIGN IN FAQ

FYI: This promotion ended for AT&T Fiber on June 5, 2022.

They claim since I didn't get fiber until august 2022 I wasn't included

It looks like they caught their mistake.

Mystery solved……

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

26.9K Messages

4 months ago

Internet DID go up $5 but the random email sounds like a phishing scam.  Did you use a link on the email to log into you account or did you go to ATT.com and log in that way?

Scholar

• 

600 Messages

4 months ago

@skeeterintexas I don't think it's a phasing scam.  I logged in from att.com after the 1st email.  I did use link in 2nd email.  All of the header addresses seem to be ones att uses. Plus it had my account # in it. 

I'm wondering if at&t is just trying to expire the max discount for uverse tv customers?

With my legacy uverse tv you can't actually view anything useful online.  You can only see bills after they've been sent.  So I guess I'll be stuck on phone with customer retention department on Monday looking for an explanation.  For all i know my price didn't actually even change.  

Scholar

• 

600 Messages

4 months ago

@skeeterintexas even weirder is there was a 3rd email saying congrats for completing account registration for my account with my same @att.net email address that it's always been setup with and has existed for 15+ years lol.  It sure sounds like att is just messing with or half assedley trying to update an old system. And it's generating obnoxious automatic account changes.  

I'm also going to be asking for my discounts back since once again they expired months early then they said they would and my bill jumped from $185 to $245 before this max nonsense.  Which is ridiculous for what garbage they actually provide.  

ACE - Expert

• 

26.9K Messages

4 months ago

So you didn’t make any changes to your internet service?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 months ago

The red flag is att.net all official AT&T emails are att.com it was a phishing scam. Keep an eye on your credit report and bank cards. 

Scholar

• 

600 Messages

4 months ago

@skeeterintexas 100% I didn't make any changes.

I really really don't think it's a phishing scam, I think it has something else to do with at&t, I'l find out more when I give them a call today. 

@Constructive I meant the email address for my account is  [email scrubbed] account.  The first email came from

U-verse TV <[email scrubbed]>

The 2nd email saying there was an order came from 

AT&T Services <[email scrubbed]

The 3rd email congratulating me on creating a new account (but that is identical to my existing account) came from:

AT&T Account Management <[email scrubbed]>

(edited)

Scholar

• 

600 Messages

4 months ago

@skeeterintexas 

@Constructive 

Yea definitley wasn't phishing.  Talked to customer Loyalty/retention.   AT&T audited my account and claims I never was supposed to get free HBO /MAX.  They claim since I didn't get fiber until august 2022 I wasn't included, and that since I don't have wireless service I don't qualify.  So either they are lying, or they gave it to me by accident, or customer retention from a previous call put the free max discount code on as a way to lower my bill.

I tried using the chat on att.com and once again for millionth time off-shore support showed me how useless they are.  The guy claimed I had been phished and that I still had free hbo.   and then their was a global att system outage on orders so he couldn't see the order that had processed.  Customer retention was able to see that the e-mails had been sent from thier system.

So annoyingly my bill is now up to $234 after the $20 discount she gave me.  might be time to give in an switch to directv satelliate service from uverse tv, should end up cheaper maybe.  Probably will drop HBO as well.

Not finding what you're looking for?