For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
herz1512's profile

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 10th, 2022 8:53 PM

HBO Channels NOT included with DirectTV stream with ATT Unlimited plan??

Hello,

We recently switched over from ATT Uverse to DirectTv Streaming.  We have an ATT Unlimited Plan and had access to not only the HO Max app but also the HBO channels themselves.

When switching over from Uverse, we were initially told that we'd only have access to the HBO Max app thru DirectTV stream as part of ATT Unlimited.  In other words, we'd have access only to the App, not the channels themselves.  I then called back to confirm some other info, and we were told by a different representative that the previous info was incorrect, that we WOULD see the channels themselves, free of charge, in combination with ATT Unlimited.  I confirmed that about 20 times so that there was NO confusion.  We switched over and that's all been fine until roughly a week ago.  Last week, the channels just disappeared from our Streaming guide.  We still have access to the App.  I didn't change anything.  Chatted and called (two different agents) and they're saying that ATT Unlimited only grants access to the App, not the channels in the Guide.  And the reason that I lost access to the channels in the guide is because a "trial period ended" even though I never signed up for nor cancelled this trial period.

Beyond frustrated at ATT for the confusion (at best) or deception (at worst).  Anyone else have a similar situation with accessing HBO channels as part of an Unlimited cell package?  Would love to know how this was resolved.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

2 years ago

You have to PAY for HBO and access it with a TV package that includes HBO or as an add on.

HBOMax (streaming via the app) is the only HBO service included with your Unlimited Plan.

GET HBOMAX INFORMATION

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Fair enough, and that's certainly what I'm being told now.  But that's not what I was explicitly told after asking the question many times and in a variety of ways to confirm that there was no confusion.  Looking for other customers who had a similar issue as me.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

1 year ago

Wouldn't AT&T Unlimited be a mobile plan? The only way to get HBO Max via U-Verse TV would be the U-400 and U-450 plans. If you canceled that, yeah, you'd be cut off.

Example: I have Internet 1000. If I change that in any way, shape, or form (outside discounts), I get cut off from the app unless I pay for it. Because I get the app complimentary, I do not get HBO TV channels unless I get a free preview.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.