Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!

Related help: Welcome back

JimsMom's profile

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Aug 3, 2022 10:12 PM

Wireless Antenna won't connect with my answering machine.

I have a wireless home phone. ATT sent me a new wireless antenna (old one stopped working after 10 years). I installed it, and the wireless phone with the answering machine recorder is plugged in and working. Answering Machine is "on". But when I get calls, it rings 4 times and then is forwarded to a recording that says "the person you have called has a voicemail box but it hasn't been set up yet." I don't want a voice mailbox. I want to use the answering machine feature of my wireless phone. What do I do to fix this? Thank you. Terrie

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

16.5K Messages

2 m مضت

You'll need to call customer service and have them disable the voicemail if you don't want to use it at all.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.2K Messages

2 m مضت

Moving to home phone

• 

3 Messages

2 m مضت

Thank you!

• 

3 Messages

2 m مضت

Unfortunately, didn't work. Customer Service, once they figured out it was my home wireless phone, not my cell phone, did some fiddling behind the scenes to remove voice mail, said it was all fixed. Nope, still goes to voicemail after 4 rings. This is so discouraging. I would hope ATT customer service was more competent than that.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

16.5K Messages

2 m مضت

Good grief, I can't believe something so simple baffles them. Found the following found in this link:

If you choose to use an answering machine instead of voicemail, you will need to set your answering machine to pickup calls before voicemail, which is fewer than 4 rings. Or, you can remove voicemail from your account by calling AT&T Customer Care by dialing 611 from your connected phone or 800-331-0500.
Note: Messages left on your network voicemail will not be reflected on your phone.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.