Paula_Campus_Tire's profile

3 Messages

Thursday, November 30th, 2023 5:11 PM

Spectrum phone service but can't receive calls from AT&T

I have Spectrum phone but anytime someone who uses AT&T calls our business the call is dropped. Spectrum says it an AT&T

issue and AT&T says its a spectrum issue. Spectrum says its AT&T issue because the lines belong to AT&T but Spectrum just services them... Cant get AT&T to come out because we don't have an account with them any longer. When I say dropped calls it rings once at our business then is gone. When the customer calls they say it rings once then goes silent.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

19K Messages

3 months ago

If spectrum is reselling AT&T lines than you report it to spectrum and if they determine it's an AT&T problem they report it to AT&T

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.3K Messages

3 months ago

Wouldn't it be AT&T selling the lines since they are the original owners of them?

The answer is... who do you write a check to.  If Spectrum were acting as a sales agent, then turned it over to AT&T, then you'd be paying AT&T and AT&T would be responsible for any issues with the line.  If Spectrum is getting your monthly checks, then Spectrum owns any service issues... even if they are underlying issues with a provider of the service they are selling.  You may need to open an FCC complaint on Spectrum if they won't commit to getting it fixed (even if that means they get AT&T to fix it).

3 months ago

Wouldn't it be AT&T selling the lines since they are the original owners of them?

3 months ago

Ok I understand now. Thanks for your help!

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.