Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Rusn8407's profile

• 

2 Messages

Monday, December 19th, 2022 2:41 PM

Remove (or move) old BellSouth Pedestal

There is an old BellSouth phone (POTTs and DSL) on my property line.  I’m not sure if any circuits are even active.  I want to remove it, or if there are active circuits to my neighbors, move it into the 5’ easement so I can install a fence.  Can someone suggest where to start or who to call/chat/email/…

Note:  I do not have a personal AT&T account but I do have a corporate cellular account.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

1 year ago

Buried wire issues this includes terminals. Follow the process for a non-customer in this link. There most likely is working service through it and to get it moved will be quite expensive.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

1 year ago

Have you checked with your local authority to confirm that the equipment is in (or outside) the designated Utility Easement?

If it is within the designated Utility Easement, there is no reason for AT&T to move the equipment.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I appreciate the replies.  

A survey reveals the pedestal is on the property line, which has 5’ foot easement on either side.  I am pursuing this with the local authority although it has been difficult as I have not spoken yet to a knowledgeable person or even the correct department.  I will share my solution once it is found.

1 Message

6 months ago

Was there ever a solution to this? I am having the exact same issue with pedestal outside of utility easement needing to be moved. 
I have created a ticket number with the buried wire center…8 weeks ago..and have not heard back. When I call to check on ticket status, I’m told the ticket has been passed on (? where) and they no longer receive updates at this point.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.