Grieda's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, February 9th, 2023 6:45 PM

Reactivating Old Telephone Numbers

I don't understand why AT&T is reluctant to reactivate tel numbers that haven't been used in 90 days. They claim they go to a graveyard never to be heard from again. Why? It's not like it's a technology thing. It can be done, if they wanted to. 

Also, AT&T now owns Pac Bell. The number in question was owned by the latter. AT&T asked for the Pac Bell account number. I don't have those records anymore. My question is, since AT&T acquired Pac Bell shouldn't they have access to that information? It was all computerized. This 90 day inactivity rule is really strange. It doesn't make sense. AT&T would have several new wireless customers if they'd resurrect old numbers and port them to wireless accounts. Again, it can be done if they were willing. I don't get it.   

• 

130 Messages

1 year ago

it does make sense considering that the number is most likely active under someone else's name - you should call in and give the number and they should know if that is the case and under which provider it is. if it's not active they should try and if it's not letting them then there's nothing that can be done

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.