Gift your grad endless possibilities. Celebrate right now and connect them to their brightest future.
christopherkeegan's profile

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, March 1st, 2023 8:37 PM

Phone number incorrectly associated to my home address

Our local police department has shown up to our home five times now reporting that 911 was called from a number connected to our address.  We are not connected to this phone number in any way.  I've called AT&T support multiple times now and get nowhere with their help representatives.  They tell me the phone number does not belong to them, yet every lookup I do says it is in fact an AT&T landline.

How do I get this number disassociated from my home address?

spoom2

Expert

• 

17.9K Messages

3 months ago

If they say it doesn't belong to them than it probably doesn't. Due to porting of phone numbers from one company to another I'd think it be kind of hard without the data base to figure out who the number belongs to. This link might work, I tried it on a couple of different numbers and it returned the correct information. 

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

Thanks for this @spoom2 .  I tried the carrier lookup tool you provided and it too reports this as an AT&T number:

Carrier:

Pac Bell-Nev Bell-AT&T Wireline/1

Is Wireless:

no

When I try calling the number, it just rings.  It does not have a voicemail or report that the line is no longer in service.

Also interesting is that we seem to get the 911 calls during heavy rainfall, which has been abundant this winter here in CA.  The police officers say that when they pickup the 911 call, it's nothing but static on the other end. 

Any other recommendations on what I should do next?

spoom2

Expert

• 

17.9K Messages

3 months ago

If your phone line also has static it could be that's what's calling 911. Don't know if it still holds true but in my day with ma bell mutated digits on dial pulse went to 911.

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

The problem is that this is not my number that has static.  It's a number that seems to be associated to my home address, and I can't figure out how to have it disassociated to my  address.

spoom2

Expert

• 

17.9K Messages

3 months ago

If it's an AT&T number and they can't or won't correct the issue, file an FCC complaint.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.