alanm223's profile

7 Messages

Friday, November 17th, 2023 2:23 AM

No service

AT&T service made a mistake and disconnected my 90 yr old uncles phone service . He was paying for two lines and I called AT&T to discontinue the unused line , they shut off his home phone that he has been using for 24 years . He is a Korean war veteran on 100 % disability with Home Nursing Care . His phone has been off for 10 days now ! On 11/14 an AT&T supervisor said his phone service would be back on line by 11/16 and gave me a order confirmation number ! What good is that ? Still no phone service and the people at the AT&T service know nothing about anything , all foreign sounding people with English as their second language . AT&T sold their Land Line Division to save money , Good Idea ? I think NOT !

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.8K Messages

4 months ago

@alanm223  The FCC/BBB will do nothing with the complaint but they will forward it to AT&T Corporate who will have a Senior Manager from the Office of the President contact you. That way you can discuss the issue with someone who the authority and resources to deal with customer problems. Oh, and the FCC does have a lot of power over all of the carriers. They just don't deal specifically with individual complaints.

Expert

• 

19.1K Messages

4 months ago

File an FCC complaint. 

7 Messages

4 months ago

I did that too . Found out that FCC has no power over AT&T 

7 Messages

4 months ago

I did that too. FCC has no powers over AT&T complaints 

7 Messages

4 months ago

Next step is to hire an Attorney/Law firm . 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.8K Messages

4 months ago

@alanm223  You didn't read my response. The FCC has a considerable amount of power over AT&T or any other carrier. They just don't deal with individual complaints. They just forwarded them on to AT&T Corporate.

When you signed up for AT&T, or any carrier for that matter, you agreed to Binding Arbitration. It's in the TOS that I'm sure you read and understood. Other than that, possibly Small Claims but that's a stretch.

(edited)

7 Messages

4 months ago

So far AT&T hasn't held up their end of restoring service . Spoke with at least 15 different " service people ' only 2 sounded like they actually knew what they were talking about . I was given 2 service restore date and times . I was told it was a billing problem ( Accounts are both paid to date with no missed or late payments in 24 years ) then told too many complaints so service denied , then just plain stupid " We will get back to you soon " and they never do so . I contacted a local TV news station , I hope they run a story . And I See AT&T stock fall a Billion dollars . 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.8K Messages

4 months ago

If you've filed an online complaint with the BBB and/or the FCC, and have your documentation in order, then you'll need to wait for a call from the OOP. It may take a couple of days. Support will try to do what they can but are usually inept in that regard so that's why we suggest filing the online complaint with the BBB. That's as high up as a customer can go in AT&T, and quite often the OOP can fix the issue. It's not guaranteed but it's certainly worth trying when all else fails.

7 Messages

3 months ago

On Friday Nov. 17th the phone was turned back on . A letter from the Nevada Public Utility Commission has responded with a letter saying the case is under review . I responded today outlining AT&T's inability to understand the problem and how it took 15 phone calls and 10 full days before service was restored . P.S. my uncle had a medical issue and was transported by local ambulance to the Hospital . He will be fine the RN's tell me . Thanks to those that responded to this problem . AT&T should have never SOLD off their Landline Division . 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.8K Messages

3 months ago

We're glad to hear that your uncle is doing ok. As far as AT&T selling off its landline division, it just isn't profitable to maintain the copper lines from the CO to the residence let alone the physical CO building, it's equipment, staff to maintain it, etc. POTS lines are a thing of the past and everyone is just slowly moving forward to more digital methods of communication. I miss my old POTS line as well but that's just not the reality anymore.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.