Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.

AT&T related help: Restore dial tone and fix echo

Janet Prendergast's profile

2 Messages

Friday, January 5th, 2024 5:26 PM

My phone rings but I can't dial out -

The last few days I have been unable to get a dial tone on my land lines but it still rings with incoming calls. I checked all my outlets and they are all plugged in properly,

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

5 months ago

reset the modem, that usually fixes it. 

Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

6 months ago

Type of service? 

2 Messages

5 months ago

mine is doing the same thing i have a dial tone but after dialing the number i get like a busy tone but not the normal tone for busy idk but i receive calls just fine my servise is att uverse home landline 

5 months ago

I tried resetting the modem and it did not work. It's strange cos the phone rings and we see the caller ID and hear the caller ID announcement but when you answer it the line is dead. There is no dial tone in order to make a call and nothing but dead silence.  I ordered new batteries so I hope this is the solution. It's just odd that it was fine one day and suddenly - dead. We have not changed anything. Nothing was unplugged and moved. All phones were on their cradle - we never leave them off so they are always charged.  The only thing I can think of is the battery backup in the basement.  Forever it has started beeping every few weeks. I reset it and it's fine. I checked and the power light is still on and it was not beeping right before this happened. In fact it's been about 3 weeks since it beeped last. I never even knew this was for the phone. Verizon installed it and never said what it was. I assumed it was for the internet. I guess I will order a new battery for that just in case.  I wonder if my house alarm is working!  Our service is Verizon. 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.