StevenJ88's profile

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, November 3rd, 2022 1:32 AM

Issues with ATT callers ONLY calling my number from a ported out number

I had a phone number ported out of ATT to a different company and since that point everything works fine except current ATT subscribers get an error message when dialing out to my number.  It is ONLY  ATT subscribers getting this error message !! It's like ATT has not done the proper changes or removal of my number from there system. I have had the other company investigate and these calls do not even hit the companies network.  Any other phone company can call my number just fine now but the the company i just ported the number from ( ATT ) , there callers cannot get to me.  I have called in and literally spoke with 30 different people who truly doesn't care and will just say oh that's not my department , let me get to you to so and so and its a constant loop of that. I even had people just cold transfer me back to the automated system. Can I please get somebody to help me ?  That's all i am asking is somebody to actually listen to this issue and try to help.  

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

3 months ago

Well I doubt it's all AT&T callers. What's common? Are they all the same area code and exchange? If so it's probably a routing issue and those who can't call you are the ones that need to report it, not you.

• 

8 Messages

3 months ago

It’s all ATT callers.  After the 20+ examples I have Of ATT callers and not one goes through yet literally every single different company calls and the issue does not happen.  Put 2 and 2 together.  

• 

8 Messages

3 months ago

I’ve been investigating this for 3 weeks.  I’m not one to just blame a company for no reason.  Trust me. It’s an ATT issue.  

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

3 months ago

Didn't say it wasn't an AT&T issue, read it again. Of your 20 examples what's common? There's no way it's across all area codes and exchanges. Again it's for those who can't call your area code and exchange to report.

• 

8 Messages

3 months ago

It’s been people locally , different cities across the state , and different states in general.  I’m being totally honest. I had people with different carriers locally and long distance as well call and no issues.  I can dial out fine to anybody.  The error message is the same for all ATT subscribers that dial out to my number which is something I have never heard before “the number you called  (10 digit number) has been changed , the new number is unknown “ and immediately disconnects the call. 

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

3 months ago

Sounds from your last discription that the port isn't complete.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

3 months ago

You didn't cancel your AT&T service prior to the port being completed did you? 

• 

8 Messages

3 months ago

The thing I haven’t mentioned yet is I’ve been with the company this number got ported to for years. I truly out of the thousands of numbers ported into our company never seen an issue quite like this.  We have sent in tickets to our global company responsible for porting numbers called Lumen. The number got ported over successfully and we own it now as of 2 months ago.  We have found that these ATT calls are not even reaching our network at all.  It’s like the call is not being handed off by ATT.  I have consumer cellular as well which where I live it uses an ATT tower and I get the same message.  Lumen also states that we own the number.  This customer can dial out to any number they want including ATt numbers.   I can speak from experience on this aspect.  If a subscriber ports a number out of our company to a different one and we don’t remove it from a tool called broadsoft completely then any current subscriber with our company will

Not be able to reach that ported out number.   I believe something similar here is going on with ATT but I cannot get no help from ATT on this.   I truly have never reached out to a different company for anything involving our subscribers numbers but our customer is suffering and I’m doing everything I can to help.  

• 

8 Messages

3 months ago

I didn’t think reaching out to ATT to , at the very least , see if these calls from there own subscribers are leaving there network would be so hard.  😞 After an experience I had with ATT 2 years ago that prompted me to cancel my services the next day , I didn’t think I would ever need to make that dreaded call to them again and there reminding me so clearly of why there

Customer service is truly the worst I have ever seen. 

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

3 months ago

Don't know how many ways to say it. Those who are trying to call you who are AT&T customers need to be reporting this. Or your new company needs to work carrier to carrier with AT&T. You're not an AT&T customer that's why they won't work with you, especially since the port was a couple months ago. I still say the port hasn't been completed on AT&T's end.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.