Retired Army's profile

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, September 10th, 2022 12:35 PM

Home Landline Outage - Bill Reduction Advice

Twice in 3 months an AT&T Technician has been working in my area and caused my Home Landline to be out of service for two weeks or longer.  Also, other residents where I live.  I also live in a rural area with no cellular coverage so I cannot call ATT to discuss my bill being reduced for an outage they caused.

Does anyone know an Email Address I can use to communicate with a Service Representative?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.1K Messages

5 months ago

Call Customer Service 1-800-288-2020.

You should be able to get a daily credit for the days your service was out.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

5 months ago

As @skeeterintexas stated call the report number there is no way to contact them by email. So, you have to go to a location where you can get cell service. For traditional landlines say landline at the voice prompt.

• 

3 Messages

5 months ago

Perhaps there is a reason you cannot communicate with ATT via email.  When your landline is out of service and you are one of the millions of Americans with zero Cellular Antenna Coverage at your residence - You Can't Call Them!

We all do not live in major Metropolitan Areas.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62K Messages

5 months ago

Perhaps there is a reason you cannot communicate with ATT via email.

Yes, there is a reason. ATT does not do customer support via email. There is a chat option, you can try that. Otherwise, you wait until service is restored so you can call or go somewhere else to make the call. You apparently have internet, have you tried WiFi calling from your cell phone, presuming you have one?

• 

3 Messages

5 months ago

I drove 14 miles from home to get reliable cellular service and called ATT Customer Service.  (I live in a cellular unserviced area)

After attempting to have a conversation with the AI Voice that tries to comprehend a real-world scenario I simply asked to speak to a Human Being.  I was placed on a waiting list and someone called me back in 15 minutes.  After introductions, I said, "I believe your system records these calls and I wish you would send my comments to Corporate HQs so they can understand what a significant percentage of their customers for Landline Home users in rural areas deal with."  She agreed.

So far, from July 4 until tomorrow (13 Sep) I will have been without landline home service for 32 days and would like a reduction of my bill for those two outage periods: 4 July to 12 July & the last 23 days.

She said the service should have been restored on September 7.  It was not.  The service ticket was closed on that date.  She said a Service Tech will fix it tomorrow.  We'll see - that is an old story!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.