nwhls's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 14th, 2023 7:21 PM

Damaged telephone pole

There is a telephone pole across the street from my house that is rotted out at the base. A new pole was finally installed in front of the old one, but none of the cables have been moved over to the new pole. When I call, I am transferred around, put on hold and then disconnected after waiting 1 hour. This has been going on for over 1 year. None of your below categories or topics apply.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

1 year ago

While they're often called "telephone poles," they're more typically owned by the electric utility.  The owner would have replaced the pole, and the owner of the pole needs to move his lines and they're supposed to notify the other utilities that they'll need to move their lines as well, typically after the electric utility has moved theirs.  

Normally you'll see some sort of label on the pole that will indicate who it belongs to.  If it is the electric utility, call them and ask them why they haven't moved service and notified other utilities to move theirs.  If it is owned by AT&T...  well... good luck.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for the reply. The new pole has ATT branded into it.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

1 year ago

If you haven't already, try the procedure here (https://www.att.com/support/article/local-long-distance/KM1000559/ ) and navigate the menus as if the pole had broken and the wire was on the ground.  When you get a human, explain the situation.

If you have already done all that... you can try the FCC complaint route.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.