snowtigga's profile

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 2:41 PM

Call Cannot be Completed

Is there anyone out there who can help me?

The home phone at my parent's house cannot be called. They're in Florida, but AT&T outages continue to say they have service and they are NOT in the Ft Myers area.

I live in Ohio and have their account information, but can't get into their account because of numerous two-factor authentications set up. I got semi-logged in once and it gave a welcome message with my father's name, but then it wanted to authenticate again. I try to log in on a browser or with MyATT, it wants to send a code to their cell phone, but they won't know how to retrieve it from the cell phone - if it's even on because half the time it isn't.

I call the 800-288-2020 line and that's a nightmare. Anyone that answers assumes I'm calling about a mobile phone and any time they try to redirect me to land line, they send me to billing and I have to start all over again.

If I go to the Repair page in a browser on my phone, I can at least get to a screen where I can input their number - and then the page fails to load. I can get to a point in Edge on a PC where I can enter the info -- and then it wants to sign in and it starts all over again.

Some people still rely on a landline, and some of those people are getting older with less ability to deal with newer technology. 

I need to report that their land line isn't working and hasn't been for a week. What is the fastest way to get this accomplished?

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

4 months ago

Sorry, this is a customer based forum we can't report or access for you. Since you are not the account holder it's going to be difficult without all the required information.

• 

6 Messages

4 months ago

I wasn’t asking for access or for someone to report anything for me.

I wasn’t asking for help accessing their account or for someone to report an issue for me.

I was asking how to get the right and best resource at ATT that could help.

I’ve since spent a considerable amount of time on chat with ATT landline help - which is a chore to get to in and of itself - and they were useless. 

Three times they claim the issue was fixed and yet they still can’t make or receive calls even though the tech support people could never really confirm or even convey that a signal was reaching the house and going back out completing the circuit, so to speak.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.