donadams957's profile

• 

1 Message

Thu, Aug 4, 2022 4:18 AM

Closed

Buzzing on phone lines

We have 4 landlines in our offices since 1994 which often have a loud buzzing noise which can be heard by both parties to the call regardless of weather conditions. This has been an ongoing issue for years but was always addressed and resolved promptly.  Over the past 5 years the service that ATT provides has eroded to the point that even the service men whom I have become well acquainted are embarrassed.  In the past the service men would stay until the problem was resolved regardless of the time of day.  We were recently without any service for a full week.  The service techs were not allowed to work beyond the standard work week even though they wanted to help us.  They informed me that the inventory of common replacement parts had been reduced considerably and manpower was not being replaced as people were retiring or jumping ship.  It seems that ATT is quietly phasing out of standard landline service without disclosing their intentions.  I have made the decision to vote with my money. I will with great resolve prevent doing business with ATT and any affiliated company.  I have switched our 4 line cell service already. I am setting up VOIP service to replace the landlines for the 2 lines at home and 5 lines in our offices and will be switching the Direct TV satellite provided service for 5 televisions which we have also had since 1994. I am done with ATT and I will utilize every opportunity to vigorously spread the word in both personal and professional conversations, social media platforms, forums and any other online platform me and my secretary can find.   ATT was once a great company but great power has led to arrogance and indifference and I for one will not be conditioned into accepting such disregard.    

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.9K Messages

2 m مضت

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.