Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
LindaJeanEllis's profile

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

Tuesday, December 19th, 2023 4:58 AM

AT&T traditional Land Line phones

We have not had AT&T landline service since December 11 and today is December 18; and there is no cell phone here so I am relegated to communicating with AT&T via their Facebook Page, emails, and Twitter ("X") and I keep getting one promise after another that the service will be back on such and such a day by 8p.m. but always estimated.  I am tired to typing replies back to them.  Now I'm told today (12/18/2023) that the estimated time for my service to be restored is now 12/21 by 8:00p.m.  AT&T seems to really like 8:00p.m.!  I just wonder if they are just dragging this out and at the end of the year telling me that they won't offer landline service to customers any more.   I feel that they are lying to me.  I have not received any letter to tell me that my landline would become inoperative around December 11, but that is what I'm stuck with now.  So, I wonder how widespread this situation.  They claim my outage is widespread and I even wrote some city officials and they claim that they haven't heard anything from anyone.  Of course probably not too many people have landlines only in this day and age.  But I sure have been impacted by this outage!  

Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

6 months ago

If you are not getting positive results by contacting AT&T file and FCC complaint

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

6 months ago

Day #13 is passing and still no service on our landline.  I've been in every chat I can from Facebook to Twitter to the email for a customer service, but it all seems to boil down to coming here for comfort or bothering friends, family, or the neighbors.  If you don't have phone service and no other phone you are forced to go out and buy a cheap phone just to make the call to the 1-800-288-2020 phone number.  I am all out of ideas so Christmas will be spent with a quiet phone from what I can tell at this point.  The chats give you phone numbers but AT&T is clever no emails and even if you get an email from them; they don't accept replies on it.  If anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to share. 

Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

6 months ago

Did you do as suggested and file an FCC complaint?

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

6 months ago

Is that the only answer there is to this issue?  

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

6 months ago

It’s the BEST answer…

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

6 months ago

I don't know really how to file this complaint.  I'm on the FCC website now.  I am following through and not sure if I am making the right choices.  I found a lady's email address, so maybe someone here can tell me if this is the right one or not.  It seems you folks here have found some success with filing an FCC complaint but I have no clue about exactly how to do that in the forms.  Is this the right person to contact?  And, how fast will filing this complaint get me to being able to communicate with AT&T other than making phone calls to them when I don't have access to a phone?

vonda.long@att.com <vonda.long@att.com>;  is this the person I should send an email to?  There are a lot of drop down choices to choose from to complete an FCC form and I am not sure if I am choosing the right ones.  Thank you. 

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

6 months ago

The form wants my phone where I can be contacted.  I only have the one phone number and it isn't working.  Do I have to provide the FCC my AT&T account number?  How long does it take for the FCC to respond? 

Expert

• 

19.7K Messages

6 months ago

The FCC doesn't respond to you, the complaint goes to the office of the president and someone on the staff will contact you. Usually in a day or two. I don't know if they need your account number, probably not. You will need to provide a contact number.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

6 months ago

You mention office of the President.  You mean the President of AT&T?  I provided my home phone number but I mean it isn't worth much right now since the phone is dead and that is my one and only "contact" number -- that is when it was working.  Other than that I have no viable working phone contact number to share with anyone right now.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.