Cyber Monday Deals: Buy a Samsung Google S22 & get Free Galaxy Buds 2 - while supplies last!
kjet719's profile

• 

1 Message

Tue, Sep 20, 2022 3:26 AM

ATT disconnected the wrong line, now a nightmare to get it back

I had two POTS lines, one primary connected to all the jacks in my house.  I had another secondary line connected to only one jack.  I called to cancel the secondary line.  Somehow both lines were canceled.  I called to get the primary line reconnected.  The primary line phone number was reconnected to my secondary line instead of my primary line.  Nobody seems able/willing to fix it.  I’ve spent hours talking with several agents and have yet to get a solution.  Then I’m told that my passcode is no longer valid, so they can’t access my account even though I used the exact same passcode twice in the last two days!  I now have to physically go to the ATT store to prove my identity to get a new passcode. The manager at my local store offered no assistance and said he couldn’t help me.  Very uncooperative. So, I have to call ATT from the store and ask him to speak to the store manager to verify my identity.  Never an apology from the store manager.  Then I call ATT back to once again get my correct like restored.I’m now told I have to talk to the repair group.  After being on hold for over 15 minutes, they can’t help me either.  I’m being told that a tech has to come to my house and rewire all of my phone jacks now, and they can’t come for a week and they can’t expedite because landlines are an old service!  So I’m now a week without phone service due to a mistake by ATT.   Then each agent has the nerve to try and upsell me other ATT products at the end of each conversation!  Pure madness!  I cannot believe a company of this magnitude doesn’t have anymone that can help me!

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

I have found that AT&T customer service is juvenile and fixing your problem at any point at all is deemed a favor; let alone trying to make it right.....they laugh.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

16.9K Messages

2 months ago

If you have any knowledge of wiring at all you could go to the NID and switch the lines in your house and have all the lines working again pretty quickly. Search for testing phone line from the NID or phone wiring at the NID to see if you can handle it. Other than a screwdriver to get the customer side open you need no tools to do it unless it's an old connection. Post some pictures after you get the NID open if you need further information. 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.