For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
PugachevCobra's profile

2 Messages

Monday, December 11th, 2023 2:16 PM

AT&T 3 handset answering system base issue

I just recently bought an AT&T 3 handset answering system (model number CL82307) and everything works fine except the main base. I wanted to know why the main base won't charge the phone and if there's anything I can do to fix it. I tried plugging it into different sockets and the issue persisted while the other 2 bases charge the phones in the same sockets. I also tried putting in different phones from the other 2 bases and got the same thing from the main base but not the other bases. Whenever I plug in the main base, the lights blink and whenever I put a phone in, the charging light blinks but doesn't charge. On the other 2 bases, the phones charge perfectly fine and the charging light stays consistent.

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

4 months ago

First question would be, did it ever work? If no it might be a bad base unit. If yes it could be you just need to clean the contacts on both the base and the phone. Use a soft lint free cloth and alcohol, if that doesn't work the only choice you have is to replace the base or charge the handset on the other chargers. 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Well when I got it out the box that's the issue I had (bought it like a few days ago).

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

4 months ago

If cleaning the contacts doesn't work, return it. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.