Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
ajianggri's profile

1 Message

Tuesday, January 2nd, 2024 10:03 PM

Address change for Landline


We just moved to a new address and I would like to change my landline's service from the previous address to the new address (different area codes). however I called ATT and despite being transferred, I was waiting for 30 minutes without anyone picking up. Is there a direct number or any more efficient way of placing a change in service area?

Thank you.



19.7K Messages

6 months ago

You can't move service from one area code to another.

ACE - Expert


27.9K Messages

6 months ago

If you are in an market with multiple area codes, you cannot change as they are assigned at the time of service.

For example in the Dallas area we have 214, 972, 469 and 945.  214 is old school.  Then they added 972, then 469 with the newest being 945.  You know how long someone has lived here by the AC they have.  🤷‍♂️


Community Support


232.8K Messages

6 months ago

We hear you, and we'll make certain that you receive the assistance you require, @ajianggri!


To change your billing address for AT&T landline, you can follow these steps:

  1. Go to your myAT&T Profile.
  2. Sign in, if asked.
  3. Scroll to My linked accounts and select Edit for the address you’d like to update.
  4. Follow the prompts to make your changes.

Please note that you won’t be able to update the billing address on your account if:

  • Your account is less than 30 days old.
  • Your first payment hasn’t been processed yet.

I hope this information helps!


Thank you for contacting AT&T Community Forum!


AT&T Community Forum Specialist.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.